Date: 17th March 2007 at 11:10pm
Written by:

A dull game, but three points none the less, and who`s is to argue with that at this stage in the season? Simon Grayson`s players fought hard for the three points today, and were camped in their own half for long periods and had to rely on Rachubka in goal at times to keep them in it.

The manager decided to leave Simon Gillett on the bench and replaced him with Wes Hoolahan whilst Scott Vernon was brought in (why, may I ask?) for the injured Ben Burgess.

The Seasiders kicked off, kicking towards the home end but for all their neat play didn`t manage to force Yeovil`s keeper into any action, and in fact the first incident of the match was Wayne Gray`s horrific challenge on Ian Evatt on the half way line and one that could have earned him a red card, but thankfully for the game as a spectacle wasn`t and only received a caution.

It was Gray again who was in action minutes later as a cross from the left found its way to him, before he spurned the opportunity and screwed wide.

Paul Rachubka had to intervene twice as he rushed out to foil Gray and Davies on two separate occasions as the Town attack got in behind the ‘Pool backline.

With ten minutes remaining in the first half, Yeovil started to make their superior possession count as they carved out chances – the best of which was one that fell to Chris Cohen who slashed wide from the edge of the box.

The closest the first half came to a goal was in the final minute when Marcus Stewart hit the bar with a header.

Half Time: Yeovil 0 – 0 Blackpool

The second half started far better than the first, with The Seasiders earning themselves a corner only for Marcus Stewart to race clear?only for Adrian Forbes to chase back and clear amicably.

Both sides exchanged shots, before Andy Morrell scored for the away side. Wes Hoolahan was the creator and laid off Morrell who hit home for the lead.

Referee Armstrong then booked captain Shaun Barker for the second time in the game and off he went, much to the grievance of Barker himself, who thought Davies (who he had fouled) had made a meal of the challenge.

Wes Hoolahan was then replaced by club captain, Michael Jackson.

In the final moments of the game, Yeovil`s goalkeeper was up for a corner and a rebounded effort was cleared off the line, and the Seasiders defence proceeded to boot the ball clear and run down the clock.


2 Replies to “Crucial 3 For Pool”

Comments are closed.